Friday, August 21, 2009

Double Date!!



Last night was a night for double dates and hamburgers! 

After work, I went home to prep the hamburger buns. Once again, the smell of yeast filled the room as I combined the flour with the warm milk and yeast. I really think I am in love with making bread. 

All-in-all, the process was fine... however, the end product I think had too much flour and was over mixed, making for a very dense buns. Production pictures are below :-)

Pre-rise, before I let it rise for 20 min:


Post-rise:


The finished product:


I didn't take a picture of the finished product with the meat in the middle!! Kicked myself in the face for that one. But seriously, it was absolutely amazing! Regardless of the demon-possessed grill trying to turn our patties into charcoal bricks...

Of course, we HAD to grill up some corn on the cob and then we HAD to coat it with butter and sprinkle it with salt. 

The burger, paired with the corn on the cob, the glass of wine (I can't remember the name... but it's the only red really I have liked), and the great company made for an amazing night! 

Oh, I managed to organize my cooking books (-ish). Check it out! Notice that my fiance's computer books only take up a third of one shelf and my culinary/hospitality books take up one whole shelf, and bleed on to the next:


Good night all! Sleep well :-) 

PS- Casey tried the green beans, and I quote, "Ew, those taste like crap!" Told ya babe! 

No comments:

Post a Comment