Wednesday, August 19, 2009

My Inspiration

I am sure, since the day after Julie & Julia, the use and/creation of blogs has shot through the roof. I wish I could say I am not one of the many followers inspired by the movie to start a blog, or atleast to create another one devoted to food. Alas, that is the very reason I have decided to start this. However, I do not have a goal in mind and my intentions are purely to hone my cooking skills. 

I am a culinary student, going through culinary/cooking school who doesn't really like to cook. Odd? Yes, I realize this. My passion is to bake. I absolutely LOVE baking! It comes so naturally to me. When I set out on an endeavor to cook, especially if there is raw meat involved, it never really seems to end up like the picture I create in my head. Kind of like me writing sentences, they always seem more poetic upstairs than when they are penciled out. 

In 10 days I will change my last name and become an old married woman -> a house wife. With this comes the responsibility to create menus, stick to the menus, and create edible meals for the both of us. I decided to use this as an opportunity to grow and develop my cooking skills. 

Today was the first day of many to come, and I wanted a place to jot down what I learned and hopefully figure out how to post pictures. This is where blogger.com comes in handy :-) 

I am logging off now, but just as a teaser tonight's dinner consisted of: parmesan chicken, green beans, and homemade rolls... or, atleast that was my intent. It didn't exactly work out like I had planned. 

No comments:

Post a Comment